Monday, July 31, 2006

Birthday Bash - Day Two

In my previous post, I detailed Sunday's birthday celebration. We woke up this morning and kind of dawdled about for a while. By around 10 or so, we headed out for breakfast and the day not knowing where we were headed. I told you before that life with Ben is an adventure. Anyhow, we headed south and ended up in the quaint little town of Rockford. We had breakfast at Arnie's, most enjoyable experience especially in light of our experience at Damon's yesterday. We wandered around in Rockford for a bit, including a walk down by the river where we saw several turtles, a stop in a bookstore and then a stained glass shop. From there, on the hottest day of the year, we visited Myers Lake Park, a nice little county park located on -- you guessed it -- Myers Lake. We hung there for just a few minutes and then headed for the air conditioned mall for some cool air. We headed back and napped a bit and went to dinner (Seems like we eat a lot LOL). Then it was time for Ben to head back home. So now I sit and post blog updates, check email, watch TV, send out a couple of resumes, and hopefully get a good night's sleep. After all, at my age (LOL) I need all the sleep I can get. I will actually spend my birthday (most of it) at church -- doing office stuff, planning, and topping it off with a board meeting. All in all, it's been a great birthday celebration. Thanks to those who sent greetings. Hug someone and tell them you love them.

No comments: