Sunday, April 24, 2011
First off, Happy Easter all! It's been a while since I've posted a life update because there was no news to be told. Finally, today, Ben got word that the potential new post in this area was a 99% (+/-) done deal beginning sometime in the fall. The diocese is trying to put together some kind of finances that will allow us to stay put and to wait for this position to come to fruition. This is extremely good news, because in part it means that we do not have to terminate our lease early and that we do not have to move in the immediate future -- thank God. Today was the last Sunday service at his church, and it was kind of joyful and at the same time kind of sad. There were smiles and Alleluias with occasional tears. So, tomorrow we begin emptying our storage unit and bringing things home (unmoving -- if there is such a word). Time to put the house back together at least the next 10 1/2 months left on our lease -- and maybe longer -- hooray! Thanks for bearing with us on this weird and taxing journey. Stay tuned for future updates as they become available.
Posted by Old Pastor at 10:13 PM
Thursday, April 07, 2011
Posted by Old Pastor at 8:57 AM
Monday, April 04, 2011
Well, we are well on our way to packing and storing our lives and about to relocate to stay with friends hundreds of miles away while seeking direction for our lives. My mind and heart were resigned to this process, but God isn't finished yet. Today, Ben got an email from his Bishop's office asking if he would be interested in doing an interim assignment (about 18 months) about 30 miles from where we are currently living. Half our stuff is already in storage, plans are made, direction was set, but this sounds like a real possibility. It is also a full time position. It would allow us to stay where we are, to complete our lease (and save the 2,500 dollar early termination fee), it would allow me to become more active in my church in this area, it would broaden Ben's skill set for future assignments, and so on. Tomorrow he will be in discussions to learn more about this potential assignment and will soon make the decision to pursue it or stick to current plans. So, until a decision is reached either way, all packing and moving to storage stops. SO -- as we were just staring to get some direction, a huge gust of wind has whipped up to change the weather. Guess we will stay tuned for God's leading. You stay tuned to and I will bring updates as they become available. Fun, eh?
Posted by Old Pastor at 8:00 PM