Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Tuesday Afternoon

I talked to Ben last night and the concert was a great success. Missing it was a huge disappointment for me, but that's the way the snow falls. Ben had the opportunity to fellowship with some folks from his previous congregation, and that was a good thing that might not have happened had I been there. Who knows? Today I shoveled snow (again) and began painting a vacant apartment. One thing I am learning is that I am not 18 or even 25 or 35 anymore, and things take longer and take their toll physically. I decided rather than killing myself any further, I would stop, clean up the mess, and start again tomorrow in another room. I am beginning to wonder if I am physically up to the demands of this job. Most of the time it's no big deal, but when it comes to shoveling snow or rehab-ing an apartment, then that is another story. I think I 'd like to be around for a long time to enjoy life. I sure hope that one of the myriad of job applications pays off soon. Tonight, it's off to church for a Board meeting -- oh joy of joys. If you've ever been part of a board of a church you know how much fun those things can be. Then it's home to bed so that I can start painting again. BLECH! Ah well, at least it racks up the hours and boosts the paycheck!

2 comments:

Lemuel said...

o, church board meetings! what joy! bless you!

BentonQuest said...

Of all the things about churches I don't miss, I think I don't miss board meetings the most!