I got this from Steve at Steve's Whirlyworld. Sure makes you think. Enjoy
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
If I have to choose one, I will take Hot Chocolate, but really would prefer a good cup of hazelnut coffee..
2. Did you ever do anything for Santa?
Milk and cookies
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Mixed colors and lots of them.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Nah! I get kisses without it.
5. When do you put your decorations up?
Normally Thanksgiving weekend, but am hesitating this year since I might be able to move before Christmas. Guess I wll have to live vicariously through others
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Honey Baked Ham!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
Going to see Santa at Muirhead’s Dept. Store in Dearborn MI. We got to ride around on a track in a sleigh. The whole family went and Mom still hangs the several years worth of pictures. Great!!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
What truth? Santa IS! Now I know that there isn’t a fat guy in a red suit coming down my chimney, but Santa is a state of mind, a feeling. I think it parallels the peace on earth good will to all theme. Hmm.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Usually all of them that I have by then – often after Christmas Eve service with a glass of wine. Then I sleep late on Christmas and spend the day watching the Christmas classics.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
No particular way. Put it up, put the lights on it, hang the ornaments and it’s done. I am not anal about it..
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it.
Some say you can’t have Christmas without snow, but I lived in Florida for nearly 30 years, so who needs it!.
12. Can you ice skate?
No—some guys have limp wrists; I have limp ankles.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
My Boyds Bears Nativity –it’s awesome.
14. What's the most exciting thing about the holidays for you?
Recalling the birth of Christ – then just the general mood of people—somehow most get more pleasant at the holidays
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Too many to list -- not fruitcake (BLECH!!)
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
See the question about opening gifts on Christmas Eve.
17. What tops your tree?
Varies from year to year. Wish I could find a star that I liked.
18. Which do you prefer give or receive?
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
I love nearly all of them – skip Grandma got run over by a reindeer
20. Candy Canes?
Pretty but YUCK – give me chocolate