Friday, June 27, 2008

Now I'm Angry

Well, I reported on "bargain" gas prices last night. They didn't last long. Today I went out and as I headed east through town, gas prices were 4.08 and 4.09 (we live in a high price area) and then I found one at 4.25. Well, I went and traded cars with Ben to try to get him some gas before the price jumped. Well -- you guessed it -- by the time I headed back through town (a matter of less than 30 minutes) the prices had jumped and they were all 4.23, 24, 25, and even 4.30. It is nothing short of a stickup to see prices jump 15 cents a gallon at five separate stations in thirty minutes. I'm sure glad I was able to get me some gas last night at 3.98. Someone needs to do something -- not sure who or what, but if it doesn't stop soon, our economy and lives are going right down the toilet. Ah well, maybe the next President will have the answer -- this one sure hasn't found it.

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

i haven't heard any anger about gas prices aimed at the president. I wonder why not; people know he really cant do anything about it, or 'do anything'?
perhaps people have given up.