Saturday, August 05, 2006

OUCH!!!

A word to the wise -- Do not run through the house barefoot. If only I had taken that advice yesterday. Anyhow, I was sitting in the living room when the phone -- laying in the bedroom -- rang. I jumped out of my chair and headed around the corner to the bedroom doorway where I obviously misjudged the angle and crashed my toes into the doorframe (it didnt' budge either!!). Have you ever tried to talk on the phone when pain is shooting through you? It's not easy - the pain of that ow-ie took my breath away. The picture with this post is not my toe, but it gives you an idea of what I did. Just a month ago I sprained my left ankle; now I've broken a toe on the right foot. Keep this up and I will not be able to walk right ever again. Anyway, the phone call was from Ben (I knew that from the ring) , so I got lots of sympathy. I must be a slow learner though -- today I am still going around barefoot - I am not running though 'cause it hurts to try that. This too shall pass and soon I will be as good as new, and hopefully a bit wiser. Hope you all are having a good Saturday.

1 comment:

BentonQuest said...

I can kiss it and make it better!