Thursday, August 24, 2006

Is This Sick?

Someone please tell me -- Is this WTC commemorative coin that's come out to remember the five year anniversary of the tragedy of 9/11/01 just a little bit sick and ghoulish? I don't know anyone who was directly affected by 9/11 butI am offended and bothered by this blatant attempt to make a few bucks off the emotions of a nation which, in many ways, is still dealing with the effects of that day five years ago. I have dropped an email to the company who is producing these coins expressing my shock, hurt, and disappointment. Oh yes, they are donating five dollars of each sale to 9/11 related charities, but what is the profit on each coin? Who knows? What has the world come to when things like this are allowed to happen? Am I making too much out of this? The TV spots for this coin make my blood boil!! Someone PLEASE explain this to me.....

No comments: