Monday, June 18, 2007

Knocked Up

NO -- not me. It was the movie. I have been swearing that it would a cold day in Hell before I'd go see it. I have a problem with the title and how it theoretically demeans women and trivializes pregnancy, but I overcame that. Instead of a cold day in Hell it was a hot (very hot) day in Lansing, and we wanted to get out of the heat and into the AC. Isn't that a great excuse? Anyway, the movie was cute (some of it was kind of silly), although it was kind of sad that the primary word in the movie was the proverbial queen mother of all words (F***). The word with or without suffixes appeared no less than 110 times in a two hour movie -- we decided that was about once a minute. Now I'm no prude and I've been known on more than one occassion to utter the word, but come on -- 110 times in two hours. You've got to be kidding. How did they ever make movies before the language was allowed and before sex became a major movie theme? Ah well, I'm showing my age. Still, even with the language and several other sexual references and innuendoes (inuendi?) I had a good time and just enjoyed the cool air, Ben's company, and yes even the movie. I would surely not take kids or my Mom to see it, but it was what it was...... It was worth the price.......Hug someone

2 comments:

Ur-spo said...

I still can't believe that she would ever go for him.

BentonQuest said...

I agree with Ur-Spo!

You have been tagged!
Go here to find out.
http://bentonquest.blogspot.com/2007/06/pieces-of-eight.html