Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Family Album

It's a beautiful day here in good old Michigan, and these pictures show how our animals are spending it -- laying around like bums. Claudia (pictured here) is our non-existent cat. The management thinks we have ONE dog and ONE cat, so Claudia is the "Shadow Cat." She's also the only one who isn't on some kind of medicine. It took well over a year for her to start to allow me near her, but we've made a lot of progress.
And here we have Amber. She thinks that her place is in your lap or right up against anyone who is sleeping. Ben inherited her when he got me -- he really loves me for my poodle LOL. Except for annual shots, regular trips to the groomer, and her nightly treats, she's really no bother except that she loves to be underfoot.
And then there's Madeline -- she's the one who get impacted and requires the vet to clean her out -- about every year or so. She's the one on medication twice a day to reduce that likelihood. She really is sweet, but not the brightest bulb in the box. These are the "kids" in our lives. They are a fair bit of work as any pet owner will attest, but they are a great source of enjoyment and companionship. Sometimes I'd like to change places with them for a day or two. I could lay around, let someone else feed and care for me, and not have a care in the world. It would be incredible to be able to read their minds sometimes -- did you ever wonder what they think? For better or worse, the dog loves us, the cats allow us to live here, and we love them all.

2 comments:

Lemuel said...

Your description of Amber reminds me very much of the behavior of my princess (who is a Schoodle - Schnauser/Poodle mix).

Ur-spo said...

how much for Claudia?