Sunday, February 18, 2007

Change in in the Air

Well, gang, my life has taken new directions in the past year or so with a new relationship, new living situation, new job, etc. If you've been a long term reader, you've been part of these changes and the excitement of the journey. Well, the changes and the excitement continue. Today, after weeks of agonizing, praying, talking with Ben and with others, I reached the decision to submit my resignation letter for my ministry position in the church. The pastor and I had a long talk this afternoon and he well understands my reasons for this tough decision. Surely the increase in distance caused by my move plays a role, but that is a minor part of the puzzle. My call to ministry is evolving and leading me who knows where. Also, the church is not moving forward and I feel as though my time and gifts are of little benefit there. I don't know where this is going to lead me; Ben is waiting for a call to a church, I am now in limbo, and maybe I will just become the pastor's partner -- I can make coffee, play the piano, and I can smile and greet the newcomers. Behind every good (gay) priest, there is a good man -- is that me? Stay tuned for further updates.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would off a slight edit to your post, if I may be so bold:

"BESIDE [i.e, at the side of] every good (gay) priest, there is a good man ..."

And, yes, that is you, Nick!

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus

Ur-spo said...

such news!
My emotional response was a positive happy one for you, so it feels right.
good luck.