Wednesday, September 30, 2009

What Next?

"What Next?" is usually a dangerous question to ask, because no sooner do we ask it than we find out the answer -- usually something not too exciting.  Well, I guess I asked the question this week and yesterday the answer began to unfold.  Before leaving for work I had a premonition that I was going to lose my job.  It did not happen -- quite!  However, imagine my mood when I read the email that said that my job will be moving to a site some 75 miles away sometime over the next few months.  Of course, I do have the "opportunity" to "transition" with them, but is that a practical choice?  I have to sit down and do the math on costs etc.  The trouble is that the employer is not providing the answers that we need to make an informed decision, but they want our answer on whether or not to go -- by Monday.  There's supposed to be a rep from the temp agency on site tomorrow, so we shall see what THEY have to say.  According to the unemployment office, if I don't go, it is viewed as a voluntary separation and benefit would be dependent on the outcome of an "investigation."  Again, no clear cut answers!   So the question of the day, like it or not, is "What's next?"  Only time will tell!

No comments: