Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Joy of Vacation Quickly Fades

We had a wonderful trip to Iowa, and the break was great. However, with two days of work under my belt, I am ready to go again.  I came back to a huge backlog of work and am putting in overtime trying to help catch up.  And strange as it seems, the BS at work hasn't gone away.  People are still people and problems are still problems.  We do have three days scheduled off together next month so we will find something to do with it.  Even though time off has a drastic effect on the budget, not taking time off has a worse effect on our emotional well being.  Ah well, life goes on -- and on -- long after the thrill of living is gone.  HEE HEE.

1 comment:

Lemuel said...

At my last job, the employer would pay us for unused vacation at the end of the year. Some of my coworkers would work what should have been their vacation time - not because they had to or were that busy but simply to get more money. None of them were in the precarious economic position of you and Ben. I always took all of my vacation, because I also understood that not doing so did harm to my emotional well-being.