Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What a Day!

It was wonderful being home and able to watch the historic events of the day live on TV. From Aretha's hat to the Chief Justice tripping over the oath of office to Rick Warren's very Christo-centric prayer (including the Lord's Prayer)there were some fun moments. But, putting all that stuff aside, it was a wonderful and historic day. What I think struck me the most were the shots of the mall packed with people, most of them waving American flags which created an amazing sea of red, white, and blue. In the midst of celebration, let us remember that the work of rebuilding what America is lies ahead of us. Also, as we celebrate, let's pause and pray for Sen. Kennedy in his health crisis. I guess I will go back and watch the parade for a while. Hug someone!

1 comment:

Lemuel said...

I had to be content with listening to a broadcast on a less than perfect radio, but still the wonder of this day came through. I think the words "lies ahead of *us*" was emphasized (rightly) by our new President.