Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Progress!!

As most of my readers know, I have been in job search mode for the better part of a year and I have had moments with the two temp agencies with whom I am registered -- no calls back or apparent follow through. BUT -- all is not lost. Yesterday, out of the blue, the phone rang, and it was the rep from the agency I was working through last winter. NOW -- pending background and drug check results -- I will be starting a new assignment on Monday. At last - a full time job with more money than I am currently making. How timely since unemployment is going to run out in just a few weeks. So, thanks to all for encouragement and support through this search. Barring any unforeseen glitches, I will be among the full time employed in a few days. It will also mean "good bye, service desk", which is both good and bad. This job has not been horrid, just frustrating at times. I am so looking forward to a Monday through Friday, 40 hour a week, daytime gig. HOORAY!!!

1 comment:

Lemuel said...

I hope the new job is better - better paying and more enjoyable for you! Best wishes!!