Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Life is Up in the Air

Our lives continue to be in an uproar. After a Saturday morning trip to the mechanic for four tires and new front brakes, we headed west to apply for a lease on a townhouse. Between those two stops, the rent and a couple of other bills, the big three week paycheck, the tax check and the bank bonus are gone and it's back to the grindstone to earn enough to pay the next stack of bills. But life is good. I am really looking forward to the townhouse. With a basement that will allow Ben to bring his glass stuff home and also some space for storage, I might be able to keep at least the first floor somewhat organized. At least that is the plan -- of course it remains to be seen whether or not I can do it. Only time will tell. The job continues to be challenging -- not terribly difficult, but a great deal of detail. It's easy to make boo boo's, but I think I have a handle on what I'm doing. The problem with a temp job is that I go to work every day with the possibility that this could be the last day. I expect it to last for some time, but since we service a major automaker, and they aren't doing so well, they may make cuts and those cuts will roll downhill to us. We shall see. I'd like it to last a year or more, and certainly at least six months. Six months will qualify me for unemployment again and a year will put me within 6 months of social security. Who knows? I might just slide into retirement and become a gentleman of leisure. Ben can support me in the style to which I'd like to become accustomed. Just kidding -- we will get through all the turmoil and life will settle down one of these days. I hope! Hug someone.

1 comment:

Lemuel said...

Best wishes with the job and the new home. I know myself about how quickly those checks go!