Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Economy Strikes Again

We continue to read and hear about how the economy is struggling for growth and survival. In our area, many folks have fallen victim to this economic mess as jobs vanish, homes are lost, and prices continue to rise. I have felt very fortunate to have landed a decent job, but even this one is not immune from the ravages of the economy. Relax -- I still have my job, but they are cutting 40 hours per employee over the next five weeks. While that will result in a loss of several hundred dollars for our household (and many others), I am thankful that I still have a job. This management decision adds to an already uncertain future for my job. We shall persevere -- God hasn't let us down yet. But that doesn't lessen the worry factor. It is perhaps the least desirable part of working through a temp agency -- the lingering knowledge that any day could be the last balanced by a desire to do a professional and worthwhile job. Ah well, life goes on!

1 comment:

Lemuel said...

Always wishing you the best. I hear you. Rumor has it that we will be facing layoffs and/or hour cut backs in another month. A friend (a former co-worker) has sent me a job posting with his employer and I sent a resume, but I am not sure I want to do the job and it would most likely mean relocating, but in this economy...