Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Food Meme

via Torn and Lemuel

1) Bold all the items you have eaten.
2) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.

1. Venison – Not Impressed.
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos rancheros
4. Steak tartare
5. Crocodile – No, but have had their cousin Alligator
6. Black pudding
7. Cheese fondue – I think so – it was cheese, so it had to be okay.
8. Carp – Again not impressed
9. Borscht –NYET!
10. Baba ghanoush
11. Calamari
12. Pho
13. PB&J sandwich – A mainstay of school lunches in my day!
14. Aloo gobi
15. Hot dog from a street cart -
16. Epoisses
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream – Yes -- once and only once – yuck
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries - Yes! Strawberries! Raspberries!
23. Foie gras
24. Rice and beans - Yes.
25. Brawn, or head cheese – no thanks
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper
27. Dulce de leche
28. Oysters – Just can’t bring myself to it.
29. Baklava - Yes, too sweet for my taste!
30. Bagna cauda
31. Wasabi peas -.
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl - Yes! Yes! Yes! - as long as it’s New England (cream) style. One of my fav’s – love it from Panera!!!
33. Salted lassi
34. Sauerkraut - YUCK
35. Root beer float - O my yes! But it has been so long! In a frosted glass mug at an A&W drive in. (Lemuel’s answer is so appropriate)
36. Cognac with a fat cigar
37. Clotted cream tea -.
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O
39. Gumbo - Yes, but I’ll pass. Usually too spicy for my palette.
40. Oxtail - Yes. By mistake.
41. Curried goat
42. Whole insects - Not intentionally. (I’m keeping Torn’s answer here, because it is *so* right!)43. Phaal
44. Goat’s milk -.
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more
46. Fugu
47. Chicken tikka masala
48. Eel
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut - Yes, hot from the oven –otherwise they get kind of gross
50. Sea urchin
51. Prickly pear
52. Umeboshi
53. Abalone
54. Paneer
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal – No – too much “stuff” on them.
56. Spaetzle - Yes,
57. Dirty gin martini – taught me I do not like gin
58. Beer above 8% ABV
59. Poutine
60. Carob chips - Yes - not as good as chocolate.
61. S’mores - Yes.- not as excited by them as most folks.
62. Sweetbreads
63. Kaolin
64. Currywurst
65. Durian
66. Frogs’ legs – yes, quite tasty
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake - Yes (funnel cake). A fair/carnival staple.
68. Haggis – Not in this life -- Even though it is from my ethnic history, it’s beyond my comprehension
69. Fried plantain - Yes
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette
71. Gazpacho
72. Caviar and blini
73. Louche absinthe
74. Gjetost, or brunost
75. Roadkill -
76. Baijiu
77. Hostess Fruit Pie - Yes,.
78. Snail
79. Lapsang souchong
80. Bellini
81. Tom yum
82. Eggs Benedict – Can’t stand Hollandaise.
83. Pocky
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant
85. Kobe beef
86. Hare
87. Goulash -.
88. Flowers – Not that I know of
89. Horse - HORSE – no; LIKE a horse – all the time
90. Criollo chocolate
91. Spam - Yes, when times were tough, it was a budget stretcher. A camping and trailer park staple
92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa
94. Catfish – a true bottom feeder
95. Mole poblano
96. Bagel and lox – Bagel yes; lox -- yuck.
97. Lobster Thermidor -.
98. Polenta
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
100. Snake -

Special bonus for Sociètè members:
101. Picked red beets and eggs.

I guess I am too picky an eater for this list -- a lot of this stuff I've not only not eaten, but also have not ever heard of. Ah, guess I have a lot to learn. LOL Hug someone

3 comments:

Lemuel said...

I loved the "camping and trailer park staple". ROFL!

Anonymous said...

Spam, when I was a kid azillion years ago. Nowadays 'SPAM' is undigestible.

Ur-spo said...

no heirloom tomatoes?
dear me what a loss......