Friday, August 01, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me


In my previous post today I mused about the past 60 years of life. In this post, I want to share some of my celebration today. In yesterday's mail I received a card from Ben's parents. What a wonderful gift -- they are so accepting and have welcomed my into the family with open arms. THANK YOU. Ben got me a new piece for my Boyd's Bears collection (this one is a church that lights up -- isn't a church a perfect choice for a couple of preachers?) and a French Press Coffee Maker. My first experience with french press was on our recent trip to Iowa -- it seems so chic and classy (perfect for the quintessential gay couple). He woke me up with a pot of french press coffee and a plate of fruit. He's such a sweetie. I am off work today (which is cause enough for celebration) and tonight Ben is taking me out for dinner to a gay place in Ann Arbor. There's no gay places in this lovely little burg where we live. I expect a birthday card from Mom in today's mail. I don't know what other surprises await me, but so far the day has been great. Hope your day goes as well. Hug someone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Nick, have a great day and beyond

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Ur-spo said...

A little bird told me it was the feast day of your nativity.
Many happy returns (albeit a bit late)
You share a birthday with my grandfather, so this should be easy to remember next year.
May the next 10 years be the best ones yet.