Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My Candidate Bites the Dust

How sad I was to hear today that my candidate, John Edwards, has withdrawn from the race for President of the US. I found him to be the most level headed and most electable of those among the plethora of choices. Besides that, he said with a sly grin, he's surely the best looking of the lot. Seriously though, I still believe that it is more important to guarantee a Democratic victory in November than it is to try to elect either a woman or person of color. While I applaud the efforts and surely celebrate the gifts and abilities of Sens. Clinton and Obama, I am not sure that the country is ready to take that giant step. The thought of ANY of the Republican candidates occupying the White House is almost as scary to me as the past seven years of George W. Bush (the man who was elected President ONCE). Senator Edwards, if you were to re-enter the race today or any time before the convention, you would have my support. It will be interesting to see who gets the bid. The campaign following the conventions should be really wild. YIKES!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Edwards was the best one from my perspective also. I guess we did not make enough noise for him.

I've seen it all too often before, the best candidates get buried by the machines.

Ur-spo said...

i was disapointed too.

Anonymous said...

Yeah I thought he was the most level headed also. I am starting to read and hear about a "Dream Ballot" of Obama & Clinton running....hmmm I wonder who would be the Prez? lol If they joined up together they would be unbeatable.