Friday, March 07, 2008

And the Boredom Continues

Well, here it is -- one week since my temp job that lasted 13 months came to a sudden stop and I joined the ranks of "the victims of outsourcing". The "promised" temp assignment that would bridge the gap has not materialized. When I called, I was told it was in the "approval" stage, which to me means I was politely told that it wasn't going to happen. I did finally get the laundry put away, and the kitchen is in a little bettr order. I have been doing some church stuff, although I have probably wasted more time in the past week than I could believe possible. The one good (?) thing that is coming out of this experience is a deeper empathy with others in this and worse situations. What I really want is a job -- not just for the money, though that is a motivator. I want the structure and the feeling of being useful to someone. Ben has been so patient with me -- he has been where I am. At least he is working and I have the part time church gig. And there will be unemployment. I wonder if the "promised" call back to the previous employer will come in the "promised" one to two months. I wonder how we will pay the rent this month. I wonder about a lot of stuff, but I also find myself strangely calm. Even though the finances and stuff cross my mind, at this point I am not stressing or obsessing about the bills. Somehow, God will help sort it all out. I hope that happens soon! So, here I sit playing online, playing computer games, watching TV, and generally goofing off. I suppose next week will encourage me to go pound the pavement seeking employment. The reality is that with winter weather, I am not in a huge hurry to go anywhere. Ah well, spring is coming -- wonder what the season of "new life" will bring. More updates as they become available. Hug someone!!

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

i am sending you a spiritual hug
(and a poke in the ribs).